Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Guidance on CPSIA for Small Businesses, Resellers, Crafters and Charities

I received this update from the CPSC providing guidance to small businesses concerning the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act. It is worth the read--especially if you are not sure this law applies to you! (It probably does).

Guidance on the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) for Small Businesses, Resellers, Crafters, and Charities http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/smbus/sbguide.pdf

BTW, you will notice I have removed my lobsters from my shop. I still have not heard from the company who makes craftlace, which I use as my lobster antennae. It is a disappointment this company is not responsive to consumer emails and phone calls. There is no "stay" on banned phthalates. The law goes into effect today (2/10/09). I assume the plastic does contain phthalates and, until I know otherwise, the lobsters will not be available for sale. I am thinking it is "back to the drawing board" for me and my lobsters. While all this is, admittedly a challenge in the short term, I am sure it will result in better, more interesting artwork. I seem to respond well to creative and artistic "limits."

This is all shifting and changing, so, as always, I will keep you posted!

Cheers!--Janyce

No comments: